Category Buying LeaderCategory Buying Leader.
--Seventh Dimension Company--
1. Job Overview:
Buying leader is in charge of choosing products that will be sold in a retail store. With a given budget, the buyer is tasked with picking products for the store/e-commerce based on the demand and the trends in the industry (which, in turn, are dictated by the price and the availability of the items) and the standards and needs of the Company.
2. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Co-develop and align master buying plan including buying calendar, liaising with vendor, support in purchasing, resourcing, and scheduling shipments.
- Visits and assessment of consumer needs, current trends, benchmarking, online/offline competitor analysis, and vendor assessment.
- Prepare product analysis, monitor margins, suggest price mix, management, setup SKU auto min/max, auto re-ordering rules, and criteria.
- Control expenditure and costs thru efficient demand planning and inventory turnover, resourceful logistics, and operating processes.
- Cross function with internal functionaries to ensure timely shipments and receipts, and ensure product onboarding and launches.
- Execute joint business plans with brand host, ensuring service level, sales performance, and KPIs.
- Carrying out any tasks entrusted by the direct manager in a manner that does not conflict with the interests of the Company.
3. Qualification & Experience
3.1 Qualification: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification.
3.2 Experience: 5+ years of experience.
- Customer-oriented approach
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
5. Work Environment: 80% in the office and 20% on-site.